QUESTIONS ON MOTIVATIONS
Excerpted from the article written by Liz Brody
- Who am I? How do I think of myself? What are my strengths and weaknesses?
- Who do I want to be?
- Why am I here? Why am I important? What is my mission?
- What am I missing? The time to read a book? A close friendship?
- What’s my motivation for wanting to improve my food and exercise habits? If it’s to look better, do I expect favorable results to bring love?
- Am I afraid of making changes or of taking risks (quitting a boring job, getting out of a bad relationship)? Do I fear failure or the responsibility that could come with success? Could I embrace change instead as an adventure?
- What has stopped me from keeping resolutions in the past? Is the obstacle (or obstacles) still present in my life? If so, how will I navigate it this time?
- When I’m tempted to wander off track, what could I say to myself, or do, to stick with the original plan?
- How can I build in support for myself? Ask a friend to be a health buddy? Join a walking club?
- What am I doing in my life that’s hurting me? Smoking? Drinking too much? Letting work interfere with relationships?
- What are the sources of joy I need to feel whole?
- Am I happy?